Changelog for Security Ninja
= 5.158 =
* More details for debugging API connection issues.
* Visitor log visual updates.
* Updated Freemius SDK to 2.5.7
= 5.157.1 =
* Hotfix for referencing a wrong class name after moving to PHP namespaces in 5.157
= 5.157 =
* Speed: Plugin options are no longer autoloaded. Older users might notice an improvement in website speed - Thank you Parag.
* Fix: When deleting an unwanted file via Core Scanner, the message reported an error even when file was successfully deleted.
* Improved visual layout problem in Events Logger.
* Improved visual layout in the visitor log
* General code improvements and cleaning.
* Worked on PHP 8.2 compatibility - almost complete.
= 5.156 =
* Checked WP 6.2 compatibility
* Updated Freemius SDK to 2.5.6
= 5.155 =
* NEW: Added details about blocked visitors on dashboard widget.
* FIX: Notice that detected low memory incorrectly on systems with no limit memory setting (-1)
* FIX: Warning notices regarding undefined array keys in the event logger. Thank you Jean-Claude 🙂
= 5.154 =
* FIX: PHP warning the first time the settings in the vulnerabilites module was updated.
* Updated the "Application Passwords" test to include info on how to disable the feature. Thank you @lsbk 🙂
* New: More details in email report, user IP and improved layout. Thank you Kevin for the suggestion.
* New: You can now email events log reports to more than one recipient. Thank you Kevin.
= 5.153 =
* FIX: The two Shellshock tests would fail on some servers. Thank you Jeroen and Oliver.
* FIX: A bug in the visitor log details when there is a lot of info to display.
* FIX: The "Enable background plugin updates" notice was shown everywhere. Thank you Ian for pointing out.
* Enable background plugin updates notice is now hidden forever when dismissed.
* Change default time to store visitors to 7 days (much better for big sites with a lot of traffic)
* Fix bug with unexpected results for tests to show up.
* FIX: Remove unused code for plugins not updated for a while. Thank you.
* "Outdated plugins" module completely removed for now to be reworked.
* FIX: Scheduled Scanner tests with Core Scanner sometimes failed. Error found and fixed.
* Updated language files for translators, thank you 🙂
= 5.152 =
* Fix for not cleaning up old files when downloading vulnerable plugin list. Thank you @michaing.
* Fix for visitor log not working properly on some installations. Thank you Jean-Claude.
* Fix for bug in events logger related to comments. Thank you Thomas.
* Fix for descriptions not showing properly for some vulnerabilites.
- Upgrading phpseclib/phpseclib (2.0.40 => 2.0.41)
* Language files updated.
= 5.151 =
* New: Updated visitor log styling and the log now filters out requests not relevant to show, eg. favicon.ico
You can also filter additional requests by using the new filter documented here:
<a href="https://wpsecurityninja.com/docs/filters-hooks/filter-securityninja_visitorlog_filter_url/">Filter visitor log URLs in Security Ninja</a>
* Fix: Problems reported with blocking regular visitors.
= 5.150 =
* WP 6.1.1 compatibility.
* Improved visitor log visuals and logging.
* Updated language files. Volounteer translators are translating the plugin and making it easier to use in Bulgarian, German, Spanish (Colombia), Spanish (Ecuador), Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Venezuela). Thank you translators 🙂
* New: Remove settings when deactivating. Now you can choose if the plugin database and settings should be removed when deactivating the plugin. Per default this is not enabled to help with debugging. Thank you Thomas 🙂
= 5.149 =
* WP 6.1 compatibility.
= 5.148 =
* Prettified the interface
* Minor improvements to translated strings. Language files updated.
* Added more events from WooCommerce to the Events Logger - more detailed activity.
= 5.147 =
* Fix: PHP notice on some installations showing update status notification.
* Fix: IP Range CIDR matching - improved matching of IP ranges.
* Improve memory usage and reduce unnecessary details and options that load automatically = Faster plugin.
* Update Freemius SDK to 2.4.5
= 5.146 =
* FIX: Firewall blocked exports - Thank you Kevin 🙂
* FIX: Restore upgrade.php on sites where missing.
= 5.145 =
* Improved MainWP integration with Secret Access URL.
= 5.144 =
* Fix: PHP error on some installs - Thank you @fakkel and @computerbuddha.
* New: Expand all details for security tests. Thank you Alauddin.
* Fix: Typo in warning messages.
= 5.143 =
* Improve vulnerabilities interface and text.
* New: Detected vulnerabilities list update when website
finishes update routines.
* Fix: PHP notice on tests page.
* Fix: PHP notice on vulnerabilities page.
* Fix: Whitelabel - missing name replacements several places. Thank you Jay.
* Fix: PHP pruning visitor log in some cases.
* Fix: Plugin name was showing up even if whitelabel feature enabled. Thank you Jay.
* Fix: Not detecting themes properly.
* Compatibility check with WordPress 6.0
* Updated language files.
= 5.142 =
* Fix: PHP notice when amount of vulnerabilities change.
* Fix: Error if multiple Strict-Transport-Security headers are used - Thank you Jay.
* Fix: PHP notice in auto-fixer module, thank you Jay.
* Fix: When renaming the login URL the default page now returns 404. Thank you Alauddin.
= 5.141 =
* New: Filter for whitelisting custom files and folder for malware scanner. https://wpsecurityninja.com/docs/filters-hooks/securityninja_whitelist/
* Wizard: Auto update plugin enabled per default.
* The autofix is back and improved - Easy fixes for many of the security tests.
* Fix for the "Remove unnecessary themes". Thank you Jay.
* Fix whitelisting folders and files in malware scanner
* Fix for Russian language websites. Opt-in dialogue failed. Thank you Mikhail 🙂
- Improved MainWP integration.
- Improved auto-updates integration.
- Fix: Logging database tables sometimes not created before plugin tried to log something.
- NEW - Notice to easily enable automatic background updates.
- Wizard - automatically sends email with unblock URL to administrator currently logged in.
- FIX - PHP Notice missing database table when deactivating and reactivating.
- Updated the description of the Content Security Policy, thank you Reza.
- Code preparation for integration with MainWP! 😀
- Cleanup JS code.
- Improved test "Check if automatic WordPress core updates are enabled." with better explanation - thank you Reza.
- Removed clutter in interface.
- Fixed potential bug in installation script.
- Updated firewall with new rules.
- Tested up to WP 5.9.2
- Removed events logger step from wizard - it is automatically enabled.
- Improved the Wizard layout and process.
- Fix bug in event log, thank you Eelco.
- Security Tests – Improved layout changes, “Details” link moved.
- Security Tests – Fixed the test for unnecessary themes. Thank you Jay
- Fix – Opt in reset link.
- Visitor Log: Rearrange details for each request, easier to get an overview.
- Event logging is always on, helps detect patterns, eg. failed logins and repeated attacks spread over longer periods of time.
- Retired old database optimizer module.
- Removed syslog feature from events module.
- Cleanup old code.
- Minor improvements to event logger page styling.
- Core Scanner - Now with "Delete all" button.
- Security fix.
- Rename login - when activated shows same message as set in the settings for blocked pages.
- Fix - Firewall rename login module was deactivated in settings.
- Fix - First time activation goes to main page.
- Fix for empty table name when updating.
- Code tightening and 3rd party library updates.
- Tested WP 5.9.1
- Disable "Rename login URL" feature when the firewall module is disabled. Thank you Alauddin.
- Updated IP detection functionality - fix for firewall issues.
- Fix for firewall - thank you Barry 🙂
- Fixes to firewall issues reported on some websites. Sorry to those affected.
- Pro: New feature, automatically remove unwanted files - Enable on Fixes page.
- Pro: Improved event logging detecting user in some cases.
- Pro: Fixed problem loading the wizard on some websites.
- Pro: More details in "Event logger" - see raw data for more events.
- Improved test interface, less clicks needed.
Pro: New feature, enforce secure cookies on your website. Easy 1-click fix.
Improved PHP 8 compatibility
Updated 3rd party libraries.
Tested up to WP 5.9
- NEW - Rename login. Hide your login page from automated scripts.
- NEW - Core Scanner now runs automatically every day. No need to manually scan the core WordPress files. This now happens automatically for you 🙂
- NEW - Added applebot.apple.com to verifyable crawlers.
- NEW - Whitelisting IPs for WP Rocket and Broken Link Checker services.
- Updated 3rd party libraries.
- Tested up to WP 5.8.2
- FIX - Made the notice about updated vulnerability list dismissable.
- FIX - Minor bug in test if Admin SSL is enforced - Thank you Christopher.
- FIX - Updated malware scanner to fix false positive - Thank you Benjamin.
- NEW - Added petalsearch.com to list of validated crawlers - Thank you Thomas.
- Language files updated.
= 5.123 =
* NEW: Improved firewall with better search engine crawler detection - Thank you Thomas.
* FIX: Missing details when logging a failed login - Thank you Eric.
= 5.122 =
* Fix - High memory usage when activating plugin - getting vulnerabilities could stop activating the plugin. Thank you Patrick for the help locating this!
* Fix - Internal links
* Fix - Wizard CSS layout was not properly loading
= 5.121 =
* Fix: Vulnerabilities - Small display error when showing how many vulnerabilities added in last update.
* Fix: Vulnerabilities - Memory issue converting data on some servers, thank you John.
* Improved visitor logging, faster code.
= 5.120 =
* New: Get email warning if any vulnerabilities are detected on your website!
* Fix: Some visits were not properly logged, thank you Thomas, John and others for reporting.
* New: Improved reporting of blocked IPs -> Faster plugin 🙂
* New: Our global IP network of blocked IPs is now out of beta -> More protection for your website.
* New: Notice shows new vulnerabilities added since last update.
* Improved the visitor log -> Only updates when the browser window is in focus, less work for your server.
* Updated language files. Thanks to all the translators for their hard work! 🙂
= 5.119 =
* Tested up to WP 5.7.2
* Minor PHP fixes.
* Updated language file.
* New - Visitor log with live updates (Pro)
* Improve IP reporting network functionality (Pro)
* Improve firewall rules (Pro)
* Fix - PHP notice regarding wizard (Pro)
* Fix - Removed visitor logs on Firewall tab (Pro)
* Fix - Firewall visitor log mistakenly reported administrators as blocked, eventhough they were not (Pro)
* Fix - Visitor log not including WP_AJAX requests (Pro)
* Fix - Visitor log not including cron jobs.
= 5.118 =
* New - Pointer introduction for new users!
* Fix Welcome page layout and improved styling
= 5.117 =
* Fix minor issue in malware scanner
* Fix persistent error in WC logging.
= 5.116 =
* Fix - Event logging not working properly on some WooCommerce shops.
= 5.115 =
* Fix - Downloading vulnerability list showed error notification on some website configurations.
* Fix - Properly overwrite settings in wp-config.php
* Fix - General cleanup of code.
* Tested up to WP 5.7
* New - PRO: Added basic WooCommerce tracking to Events Logger.
* PRO: Feature-Policy has been deprecated, it has been renamed to Permissions-Policy. Currently both headers are used temporarily.
* Updated 3rd party libraries.
* Fix problem on some systems - error when activating firewall - "Undocumented error. Page will automatically reload. Reworked code.
* Fixed notice in welcome module when deactivating plugin. Thank you Ebrahim.
* Whitelabel now available for 20+ site licenses.
* Languages available: Bulgarian, English (US), Spanish (Ecuador), Spanish (Spain), and Spanish (Venezuela). Thanks to all the translators! 😀
= 5.114.1 =
* Quick fix for PHP notice showing up in debug log on some websites.
= 5.114 =
* NEW: Settings for vulnerability module - control what is being checked for and disable the counter in the admin menu.
* Improved plugin loading time - Doing more tasks in background.
* **Pro Changes:**
* NEW: Wizard - Get started in minutes with a few simple steps - protect your website with ease.
* NEW: Introducing IP ban network - all sites reports heavy attacks to a central API to send out block warning to all sites in the network.
* NEW: Fixes: Disable WP XML Sitemaps introduced in WordPress 5.5
* NEW: Fixes: Enable/disable username enumeration
* Import/export works with vulnerability settings.
* Improved handling of importing data.
* Removed debug page in plugin in favor of "Site Health" included with WP.
= 5.113 =
* Fix: MySQL no longer creates database tables with "MyISAM" as the engine. Uses the site default configuration. Thank you Kien.
* Fix: "Test this IP" did not work correctly with IP ranges. Thank you Justin.
* Fix: Core Scanner module - now works faster and loads data without reloading the entire plugin page. Improved user interface.
= 5.112 =
* New: Check for Application Password feature introduced in WP 5.6
* New: Enable/disable the Application Password feature (Pro)
* Fix: PHP notice when downloading and saving vulnerability list.
* Tested with WordPress 5.6
= 5.111 =
* Update Freemius to 2.4.1 and other 3rd party libraries.
= 5.110 =
* NEW: Fixes page - Enable/disable security features on your website.
* NEW: Set Security Headers values on "Fixes" page.
* NEW: Hide PHP Version and Server info.
* Improved user interface, made changes to colors and layout.
* Tested up to WP 5.5.1
* Further work on PHP compatibility - Thank you Barry.
* 185,502 downloads
= 5.109 =
* FIX - Nginx example corrected for "Referrer-Policy" from "no-referrer" to the correct "same-origin". Thank you Mk.
* FIX - Nginx example corrected for "Feature-Policy" security header. Thank you Mk.
* FIX - "Secure the site" showing up multiple places on plugins page in admin.
* Improvement - Better instructions on how to change weak database passwords and removing the autofixer.
* Minor cleanup in logging routines.
* Fix: Loading outdated plugin list from file instead of from database - caused problem on some servers.
* Fix: Wrongly saying "Vulnerabilities found" eventhough no vulns were found.
* Fix: Check for wp-config permissions (chmod) failed if the file had been moved. Thank you Mk.
* Fix: Minor error showing last blocked logins in sidebar.
* Updated 3rd party libraries for better PHP 7.4 compatibility.
* 182,512 downloads
= 5.108 =
* FIX: "Secure this site" link under all plugins. Thank you Mk.
* FIX: Opening up welcome page for all new plugin installations.
* Updating jQuery code due to changes to WordPress 5.5
* Tested WP 5.5 compatible.
* More detailed description in Firewall for "Hide login errors".
* 177,103 downloads
= 5.107 =
* NEW: Introducing check for outdated plugins - not updated in 5+ years.
* NEW: Turn login form protection on or off. Thank you Mk.
* NEW: Feature added - Block login error messages.
* NEW: Added warning on WooCommerce login form.
* FIX: Improved loading speed in plugin admin pages.
* FIX: The warning "Vulnerabilities found on your system!" was shown even if there were no vulnerabilities detected. Thank you all who reported this issue.
* Updated Freemius SDK to 2.4.0
* General code cleanup.
* 175,961 downloads
= 5.106 =
* New: Tests - Filter "untested" - tests not run yet.
* Fix: Tests - Fixed bug in getting permissions for WP config file.
* Fix: Whitelabel - removed plugin name showing up under debug info. Thank you Jay.
* Layout improvements - fixing visual bugs.
* Moved vulnerability check to every 24 hours.
* Firewall: Added option to immediately block any attempts to log in with username "admin".
* Firewall: Fixed bug with setting limits for failed logins in admin.
* PHP 7.4 compatibility check
* Code cleanup.
* 171,569 downloads
= 5.105 =
* FIX: Compatibility with Yoast SEO - Thank you Thomas 😉
* FIX: PHP warning - undefined index - Thank you Mariusz.
* Improvement - Loading of JS and CSS files in Firewall module.
* Updated language files.
* 167,963 downloads
= 5.104 =
* NEW: Added vulnerability testing for installed themes.
* NEW: Added vulnerability count to the menu.
* NEW: Added visitor log pruning - Keep the visitor log size down. Customizable interval and you can also turn off firewall logging entirely.
* NEW: Dismiss vulnerability warnings for 24 hours directly in warning notice.
* NEW: Plugin translated to Bulgarian - Thank you Valentin!
* FIX: Scheduled Scanner results - Broken results for "Core Scanner" - Thank you Mk.
* Added missing Nginx examples for username enumeration. Thank you Fahmi.
* More options for how often to send email notifications in event logger - Thank you Mk.
* Code cleanup.
* 165,593 downloads
= 5.103 =
* Updated malware scanner patterns - Thank you Cathal for submitting sample.
* Update: Showing when malware patterns were last updated on malware tab.
* Fix: Layout of suggestions under "Details" were improved.
* Fix: Bug where results for "Check if active plugins are compatible with your version of WP" were empty - Thank you @lsbk
* 161,873 downloads
= 5.102 =
* Updated list of vulnerable plugins.
* Added more user agents to block - Thank you Laurent.
* Fixed bug with importing settings - Thank you Thomas.
* Tested up to newly released WP 5.4.1
* 159,186 downloads
= 5.101 =
* Downgrade IP2location library to 8.1.1 - Fixes problem with library requiring PHP 7.1
* 156,477 downloads
= 5.100 =
* Fix: Removed syslog logging to file. Many users had problems with the
* Improved welcome page for new installations.
* Improved layout on settings page, fixing markup mistakes.
* Updated language files.
* Code cleanup and security hardening.
* 155,476 downloads
= 5.99 =
* Added Nginx examples to security headers - Thank you Dzul.
* Security hardening.
* PRO: Event logging can now be turned on and off - Thank you Matt.
* 153,294 downloads
= 5.98 =
* Security hardening the automatic fixers.
* Added name to vulnerability warning.
* Added warning to "Check if database table prefix is the default one" test - Thank you Martin.
* Reworked the fix for changing database table prefix. Thank you Martin.
* 151,318 downloads
= 5.97 =
* Fix: The "filter test by status" not working properly if status changed. If you ran a test, fixed a failed test and ran again, the test would not change status.
* Fix: Removed the "pointer" introducion in favor of the new "welcome page" for new users.
* Added a link to the welcome page in the sidebar if you want to view it.
* Vulnerabilities: More details for each vulnerability.
* 147,072 downloads
= 5.96 =
* NEW: Quick filter tests - Failed tests, tests with warnings or those tests that are OK.
* NEW: Quickly see how many vulnerabilities you have in the tab view.
* Improved admin view layout and styling.
* Vulnerabilities - Easier to visually scan recommendations - hiding clutter in interface.
* Fix - PHP Notice in some cases - Thank you Mike 🙂
* 144,961 downloads
= 5.95 =
* Added more details to the wp-config.php test - Thanks @lsbk.
* Work on following WordPress Coding Standards.
* Minor change in the WP constants test.
* Moved the malware definitions API to a faster location.
* Code cleanup.
* Plugin has been tested up to WordPress 5.4
* 143,732 downloads
= 5.94 =
* FIX: Security Tests - Fixed the test for wp-config.php file permissions - thank you @lsbk 🙂
* Updated language files.
* Work on following WordPress Coding Standards.
* 142,778 downloads
= 5.93 =
* FIX: Fatal error happened in some situations - "Call to undefined method".
* Improved the welcome page.
* 141,800 downloads
= 5.92 =
* NEW: Plugin onboarding - welcome page for new users.
* Fix: PHP notice when blocking some visitors.
* Security hardening and working on WordPress coding standards.
* 140,243 downloads
= 5.91 =
* Fix: Vulnerability warning did not load properly on all admin pages.
* Fix: "Thank you for installing" pointer was reset when updating. Thank you Thomas for helping getting this fixed.
* Code cleanup.
* Updated language files.
* 137,665 downloads
= 5.90 =
* New: Sitewide warnings for when vulnerabilities are detected. Warnings can be dismissed for 24 hours.
* Security Tests: Added more dangerous filenames to look for.
* More code refactoring to follow WordPress Standards.
* 136,037 downloads
= 5.89 =
* Code cleanup - Removing unused code.
* Refactoring code to better follow WordPress Standards.
* 134,362 downloads
= 5.88 =
* NEW: Quick overview Dashboard Widget - Get a quick overview of your security status.
* Improvement - Load required composer component libraries with a unique namespace to prevent clashes with other plugins including same libraries.
* Fix: Cloud Firewall - Error saving GeoIP in WordPress Multisite configuration. Thank you Roy.
* Updated language files.
* 132,555 downloads
= 5.87 =
* NEW: Test for "Referrer-Policy" security header. Thank you Jonathan.
* NEW: Test for "Feature-Policy" security header. Thank you Jonathan.
* Fix: The instructions to completely disable XML-RPC was wrong, thank you Ivan for spotting this!
* Fix: Typos in some of the security header test descriptions and details.
* Fix: Not using whitelabel name in emails. Thank you Ivan.
* Fix: Only load pointers if the whitelabel feature is not enabled. Thank you Ivan.
* Tightening and optimizing code.
* Updated language file.
* 130,473 downloads
= 5.86 =
* New: Check if the debug.log file exists and advice how to block it.
* New: Check if the REST API is enabled. Thank you Cuong.
* New: More details if a test fails about what went wrong.
* Fix: If opening details window about a test and the test have not been run yet, the spinner stayed looping forever.
* Fix: Some completed tests might have extra details and they were missing.
* Fix: Not removing all settings when deactivating the plugin.
* Typo - "incompatibile" -> "incompatible".
* 128,964 downloads
= 5.85 =
* New: See when last time a test was run and for how long when you click corresponding "Details" button.
* Improvement: Do not remove settings when deactivating plugin temporarily, remove when uninstalling plugin. Thank you Cuong.
* Improvement: Added polyfill for BC Math PHP extension which might not be installed per default in all server configurations.
* 127,333 downloads
= 5.84 =
* Testing: Security test rewrite - Testing is much faster now.
* Testing: You can now select individual tests to run.
* Testing: Live updates, no page refresh needed.
* Fix: Updated firewall country blocking to work with IP2Location, replacing MaxMinds GeoLite2.
* Fix: WordPress Export tool blocked when username enumeration block was enabled. Thank you Cuong.
* Fix: Minor warnings in HTML output on Whitelabel tab.
* 125,794 downloads
= 5.83 =
* Fixed wording in the two tests for the Shellshock bug. Thank you Ivan.
* New email template for issues with Outlook email rendering.
* 124,228 downloads
= 5.82 =
* Vulnerability list now also checks WordPress version and shows known vulnerabilities.
* Vulnerability scanner: Improved recommendations and visuals.
* 122,400 downloads
= 5.81 =
* Improved Vulnerabilities module.
* 120,713 downloads
= 5.80 =
* Introducing Vulnerabilities checking for all users. This module keeps an eye on known vulnerable plugins on your site and warns you if there is a potential problem.
* Update dependencies, Monolog 1.25.1 -> 1.25.3 and psr 1.1.0 -> 1.1.2
* 118,744 downloads
= 5.79 =
* Fix - Activation bug. Errors could occur and these would be logged to the database. This would fail if it happens before the tables were actually created. Thank you Cuong.
* Fix - Whitelabel feature created a double plugin listing. Thank you Cuong and Jay.
* 116,049 downloads
= 5.78 =
* Improvements to feature "dangerous files in your root folder" - Easier overview - added checks for more unwanted files
* Better details on privacy and data sharing when you activate plugin.
* Enriched opt-in and license activation forms.
* Updated license and account system Freemius SDK to version 2.3.2
* 114,586 downloads
= 5.77 =
* Fix: Fixes for identifying license.txt and readme.html
* Fix: Identifying correct installed MySQL version when using MariaDB.
* 112,555 downloads
= 5.76 =
* Fix: Security recommendation from X-Content-Type-Options nosniff had wrong code, thank you Yasaf.
* Fix: Whitelabel - Removing the plugin from list of active plugins if name was changed in whitelabel settings.
= 5.75 =
* Fix: Core Scanner - Problem with localized versions of WordPress file detection - Thank you Cuong.
* Fix: Whitelabel - The plugin name showed up in a message if core scans have not been run for a while. Thank you Jay.
* Fix: Whitelabel - Remove plugin name from list of active plugins on "Debug" page. Thank you Jay.
= 5.74 =
* Fixes problem with malware definitions that were picked up as false positives by other security software.
* Cleaning up old unused files that created warnings on some servers.
* Minor styling changes to admin interface.
= 5.73.1 =
* Fix bug with "ghost plugin" when the Whitelabel is enabled. Thank you Cuong.
* Updated Firewall bad query list.
* Firewall - Fixed responsiveness in "Latest Firewall Events".
* Fix malware results list - missing whitelist and delete buttons. Thank you Chris
= 5.72 =
* WordPress 5.3 compatibility
* Security Tests - Added more checks for unwanted files.
* Responsive view on mobile devices look much better. Thank you Cuong.
* Fixed up Debug page - removed never-ending spinner and tweaked output to remove directory sizes. Thank you Cuong.
* Reworked security tests overview to look better and more WordPress-like.
* Fix: Malware Scanner - Error in JS code prevented tests to be completed on some systems. Thank you Cuong and everyone else reporting this bug.
= 5.71 =
* FIX: Removed extra styling some plugin authors just load on all pages, which then messed up this plugin styling.
* FIX: Scheduled Scans failed with Core Scanning enabled, due to recent structure change. Thank you Cuong.
* FIX: The security test for incompatible plugins was not working properly. Thank you Cuong.
* FIX: Debug page not working correctly with Whitelabel enabled - Thank you Cuong.
* Fixed small visual issues - CSS styling.
* Multiple email recipients for reports/alerts - Suggestion by Jose.
* Minor language changes + internationalization work for translators.
= 5.70 =
* NEW: Security test: Check for files often found in root of website. Such as SQL database dump files, phpinfo.php, *.bak files etc.
* FIX: Malware Scanner download latest definitions.
* 99,638 downloads
= 5.69 =
* New: Added Debug page.
* Security Tests: Removed Wordfence warning - No longer needed.
* Core Scanner: Fixed problem with local WP versions not being found - Thank you Yodana 🙂
* Updated language files.
* Fix: "Your IP address is" in admin showed wrong IP.
* 98,226 downloads
= 5.68 =
* Fix: Visual bug on some tabs.
* Fix: The Firewall and Cloudflare did not play well together. Thanks Chandra, Atley and Yasaf 🙂
* New: Firewall - Automatically whitelists any new IP from where an admin is logged in.
* Fix: Events IP were sometimes not logged properly, now uses same code as Firewall module.
* 97,382 downloads
= 5.67 =
* Rearranged interface, made more space for new features coming up 😉
* NEW: Firewall - Turn cloud firewall on/off
* Fix: Core Scanner - Fixed unknown error popup and improved error messages for easier debugging.
* Fix: Core Scanner - Fix error where checksums for a particular locale was not available by WordPress.
* Fix: Firewall - Fixed too agressive blocking - IP blocking routines.
* Fix: Firewall - Better visitor logging. Some visits were not registered in the log.
* Cleaned up JS code.
* 96,366 downloads
= 5.66 =
* Fix: Minor language and CSS styling changes.
* Fix: Pro - Malware scan sometimes got stuck.
* 94,923 downloads
= 5.65 =
* New: Check for Content Security Policy header. It can be tricky to configure this one, read instructions carefully.
* Improved suggestions for some of the security headers.
* Minor adjustment to interface, preparing for upcoming WordPress 5.3 admin style changes.
* New: Firewall - You can now manually blacklist IPs!
* New: Firewall - Country name alt tag when hovering over a flag.
* New: Firewall - Added Latest visitors log.
* New: Firewall - Blocked requests and whitelisted visitors are easily visible in the visitor log.
* New: Firewall - Made all stat sections collapsible on firewall page = less crowded interface.
* New: Whitelabel - Change Plugin name, description, the author name and URL as well as the the menu icon.
* Fix: Hides Whitelabel tab when Whitelabel enabled.
* Minor improvements to whitelabel options.
* Minor improvements to API integration.
* 93,450 downloads
= 5.64 =
* Fix: Not automatically updating all databases and files when updating.
* Fix: PHP notices - Undefined index - Thank you Ivar 🙂
* Fix: Removed debug error_log() notices in code.
* Fix: Suspicious request details were not added to the log.
* Whitelabel tab added.
* 91,578 downloads
= 5.63 =
* WordPress Multisite compatible.
* Tested WP 5.2.4 compatible.
* NEW: Checks for Strict Transport Security (HSTS) security header.
* NEW: Checks for security header "X-XSS-Protection".
* NEW: Checks for security header "X-Frame-Options".
* NEW: Checks for security header "X-Content-Type-Options".
* Fix problem with .htaccess code for blocking username enumeration. Thank you David 🙂
* Fix problem clicking arrow in results list opened and then closed the result details. Thank you Thomas 🙂
* Added more inline help on Core Scanner page.
* Updated 3rd party library - Freemius SDK to 2.3.1
* More details shown for blocked suspicious requests.
* 89,418 downloads
= 5.62 =
* Security Tests - Added check for if license.txt exists.
* Auto Fix - Remove license.txt if exists.
* Firewall - Added direct link to VirusTotal details lookup for IPs. Thank you Jose.
* Event Log - Rotating syslog can now be set to 7 or 30 days. Thank you Jose.
* 86,242 downloads
= 5.61 =
* Security Tests - Reworked the way the scan works - See which tests are being made.
* Security Tests - Added timer showing the progress.
* Security Tests - Added error notices in case a test causes problems with the scans.
* Event Logger - Improved syslog integration, get detailed event logging for use with Splunk or other Security information and event management (SIEM) systems.
* Whitelabel still in beta - Improvements - hiding plugin from list - Thanks Jay.
* Scheduled Scanner - Fixes "Unknown Error" and e-mails now include details about what changed - Thank you Thomas 🙂
* 84,143 downloads
= 5.60 =
* BUGFIX: Getting country ISO code could end up in PHP Error "Call to undefined function" - Thank you Thomas 🙂
* Beta: Event logging to rotating 7-day syslog files in wp-content/uploads/security-ninja/logs/ - Thank you Jose 🙂
* 81,876 downloads
= 5.59 =
* This update introduces a couple of improvements to the security tests and a couple of minor fixes.
* Thank you all for bug reports and suggestions! Check out the public roadmap here: https://trello.com/b/6qxtAlzY/wp-security-ninja-public-roadmap
* FIX: Security Testing - Fixed bug in detecting EditURI XML-RPC is disabled. Thank you Thomas 🙂
* FIX: Security Testing - Autofixer now properly blocks EditURI and also access to
* FIX: Core Scanner: Fix false positive with renamed install.php and upgrade.php
* Security Testing - Changed suggestion for readme.html, install.php and upgrade.php
* Improvement: Security Testing - Auto Fixer - Delete install.php and upgrade.php instead of renaming.
* Updated browser detection routines - Thanks Jay 🙂
* Malware Scanner - Improved the core WP checksum scanning.
* Whitelabel feature now in beta testing 🙂
* 80,553 downloads
= 5.58 =
* Warning if running Security Scans with less than PHP 7
* Fixed some options not getting deleted when deleting plugin.
* 78,396 downloads
v. 5.57 - 2019/09/12
* Added warning for potential conflict with Anti-Spam by CleanTalk. Thank you, Courtney, for the report.
* Bugfix - Tests not always loading properly with different user capacities.
* Readme update - added video and more tests.
* 76,958 downloads
v. 5.56 - 2019/09/10
* Bugfix - Security tests not working properly in some environments.
* Added instructions for fixing "Check if the REST API links are shown in code".
* 75,392 downloads
v. 5.55 - 2019/09/08
* Cleaned up plugin code.
* Added more strings for translators.
* 73,947 downloads
v. 5.54 - 2019/09/06
* Fix - Security tests popups with details not working.
* NEW: Added test if REST API links are visible in the header.
* 72,766 downloads
v. 5.53 - 2019/09/05
* Tested with WP 5.2.3.
* Attempted a fix for loading JS code when other plugins have faulty code. Thank you, Vanessa.
* Removed noticed regarding Security Ninja Pro, not on official wordpress.org repository. Thank you, Ivar.
* Removed script, jQuery.ScrollTo - not used anymore.
* Cleaned up JS code.
* 71,672 downloads
v. 5.52 - 2019/08/29
* Fix - Admin notices could sometimes break internal admin pages from showing correctly.
* Removed language files from the plugin.
* 69,202 downloads
v. 5.51 - 2019/08/27
* Minor language updates and small bugfixes.
* 67,868 downloads
v 5.50 - 2019/08/23
* Major rewrite and a lot of new features added.
* Started making plugin translatable.
* Malware Scanner - Plugin integrity checker is more accurate and reports fewer false positives.
* Bumped version from 2.x to 5.50 - Aligning free and pro version numbers.
* More userfriendly for new users with tips in the admin interface.
* More inline help on relevant pages.
* New: Getting started tips - Notices that inform you of next steps.
* Malware: Updated whitelists
* Fixes problem with databases not created properly.
* New cached JSON folders are removed on deactivation
* NEW: Plugin Integrity check - validate installed plugins against wordpress.org API.
* Moved WordFence warning to "Security Tests" tab only.
* Nicer emails in "Your secret access link"
* Improved: Emails sent by Scheduled Scanner is much nicer looking and more informative.
* Better logging blocked login attempts.
* Firewall - New: Top countries. See which countries are bringing the most traffic.
* Fix for database tables not always being created when updating from Free to Pro.
* Firewall - fixed empty results showing up.
* More details on why a visitor is blocked in the log.
* New: Malware Scanner - View whitelisted files.
* New: Core Scanner - Detects unknown files in core folders.
* New: Core Scanner - Find leftover files from older WordPress installations.
* New: Core Scanner - Delete unwanted files individually or all unknown files.
* New: Firewall - Country blocking, useful if you get a lot of bad traffic from specific countries.
* New: Firewall - Top visitors log kept for the last 30 days. Discover top visitors and use to decide on which IPs or countries to block.
* New: Firewall - Logging individual visits per IP
* New: Firewall - Suspicious requests are blocked - based on the great <a href="https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-bad-queries/" target="_blank">BBQ: Block Bad Queries</a> by Jeff Starr.
* New: Firewall - Redirect blocked visitors - You can show a message or redirect blocked visitors to another website.
* Design overhaul to get closer to WP look and feel.
* Updated 3rd party libraries, Select2
* 66,070 downloads
v5.42 - 2019-02-22
- Fixed inactive themes count includes child theme
v5.41 - 2019-01-22
- Improved schedule scans email notifications
v5.40 - 2019-01-22
- Minor bug fixes
v5.39 - 2018-10-15
- fixed issue interpreting MariaDB version
v5.38 - 2018-07-18
- bugfix in Cloud Firewall
v5.37 - 2018-07-06
- bugfix in Events Logger
v5.36 - 2018-06-17
- bugfix in Events Logger
v5.35 - 2018-06-17
- IP ban test in Cloud Firewall
- new test and fix: usernames enumeration
v5.30 - 2018-04-06
- new module - Cloud Firewall
v5.20 - 2017-12-07
- new module - Database Optimizer
v5.15 - 2017-04-09
- new module - Auto Fixer
- added new tests
- bug fixes
v5.0 - 2016-10-12
- the first release of PRO version
- all modules updated and optimised
- basic and PRO versions now have separate codebases