Changelog for Security Ninja
= 5.62 =
* Security Tests – Added check for if license.txt exists.
* Auto Fix – Remove license.txt if exists.
* Firewall – Added direct link to VirusTotal details lookup for IPs. Thank you Jose.
* Event Log – Rotating syslog can now be set to 7 or 30 days. Thank you Jose.
* 86,242 downloads
= 5.61 =
* Security Tests – Reworked the way the scan works – See which tests are being made.
* Security Tests – Added timer showing the progress.
* Security Tests – Added error notices in case a test causes problems with the scans.
* Event Logger – Improved syslog integration, get detailed event logging for use with Splunk or other Security information and event management (SIEM) systems.
* Whitelabel still in beta – Improvements – hiding plugin from list – Thanks Jay.
* Scheduled Scanner – Fixes “Unknown Error” and e-mails now include details about what changed – Thank you Thomas 🙂
* 84,143 downloads
= 5.60 =
* BUGFIX: Getting country ISO code could end up in PHP Error “Call to undefined function” – Thank you Thomas 🙂
* Beta: Event logging to rotating 7-day syslog files in wp-content/uploads/security-ninja/logs/ – Thank you Jose 🙂
* 81,876 downloads
= 5.59 =
* This update introduces a couple of improvements to the security tests and a couple of minor fixes.
* Thank you all for bug reports and suggestions! Check out the public roadmap here: https://trello.com/b/6qxtAlzY/wp-security-ninja-public-roadmap
* FIX: Security Testing – Fixed bug in detecting EditURI XML-RPC is disabled. Thank you Thomas 🙂
* FIX: Security Testing – Autofixer now properly blocks EditURI and also access to
* FIX: Core Scanner: Fix false positive with renamed install.php and upgrade.php
* Security Testing – Changed suggestion for readme.html, install.php and upgrade.php
* Improvement: Security Testing – Auto Fixer – Delete install.php and upgrade.php instead of renaming.
* Updated browser detection routines – Thanks Jay 🙂
* Malware Scanner – Improved the core WP checksum scanning.
* Whitelabel feature now in beta testing 🙂
* 80,553 downloads
= 5.58 =
* Warning if running Security Scans with less than PHP 7
* Fixed some options not getting deleted when deleting plugin.
* 78,396 downloads
v. 5.57 – 2019/09/12
* Added warning for potential conflict with Anti-Spam by CleanTalk. Thank you, Courtney, for the report.
* Bugfix – Tests not always loading properly with different user capacities.
* Readme update – added video and more tests.
* 76,958 downloads
v. 5.56 – 2019/09/10
* Bugfix – Security tests not working properly in some environments.
* Added instructions for fixing “Check if the REST API links are shown in code”.
* 75,392 downloads
v. 5.55 – 2019/09/08
* Cleaned up plugin code.
* Added more strings for translators.
* 73,947 downloads
v. 5.54 – 2019/09/06
* Fix – Security tests popups with details not working.
* NEW: Added test if REST API links are visible in the header.
* 72,766 downloads
v. 5.53 – 2019/09/05
* Tested with WP 5.2.3.
* Attempted a fix for loading JS code when other plugins have faulty code. Thank you, Vanessa.
* Removed noticed regarding Security Ninja Pro, not on official wordpress.org repository. Thank you, Ivar.
* Removed script, jQuery.ScrollTo – not used anymore.
* Cleaned up JS code.
* 71,672 downloads
v. 5.52 – 2019/08/29
* Fix – Admin notices could sometimes break internal admin pages from showing correctly.
* Removed language files from the plugin.
* 69,202 downloads
v. 5.51 – 2019/08/27
* Minor language updates and small bugfixes.
* 67,868 downloads
v 5.50 – 2019/08/23
* Major rewrite and a lot of new features added.
* Started making plugin translatable.
* Malware Scanner – Plugin integrity checker is more accurate and reports fewer false positives.
* Bumped version from 2.x to 5.50 – Aligning free and pro version numbers.
* More userfriendly for new users with tips in the admin interface.
* More inline help on relevant pages.
* New: Getting started tips – Notices that inform you of next steps.
* Malware: Updated whitelists
* Fixes problem with databases not created properly.
* New cached JSON folders are removed on deactivation
* NEW: Plugin Integrity check – validate installed plugins against wordpress.org API.
* Moved WordFence warning to “Security Tests” tab only.
* Nicer emails in “Your secret access link”
* Improved: Emails sent by Scheduled Scanner is much nicer looking and more informative.
* Better logging blocked login attempts.
* Firewall – New: Top countries. See which countries are bringing the most traffic.
* Fix for database tables not always being created when updating from Free to Pro.
* Firewall – fixed empty results showing up.
* More details on why a visitor is blocked in the log.
* New: Malware Scanner – View whitelisted files.
* New: Core Scanner – Detects unknown files in core folders.
* New: Core Scanner – Find leftover files from older WordPress installations.
* New: Core Scanner – Delete unwanted files individually or all unknown files.
* New: Firewall – Country blocking, useful if you get a lot of bad traffic from specific countries.
* New: Firewall – Top visitors log kept for the last 30 days. Discover top visitors and use to decide on which IPs or countries to block.
* New: Firewall – Logging individual visits per IP
* New: Firewall – Suspicious requests are blocked – based on the great <a href=”https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-bad-queries/” target=”_blank”>BBQ: Block Bad Queries</a> by Jeff Starr.
* New: Firewall – Redirect blocked visitors – You can show a message or redirect blocked visitors to another website.
* Design overhaul to get closer to WP look and feel.
* Updated 3rd party libraries, Select2
* 66,070 downloads
v5.42 – 2019-02-22
- Fixed inactive themes count includes child theme
v5.41 – 2019-01-22
- Improved schedule scans email notifications
v5.40 – 2019-01-22
- Minor bug fixes
v5.39 – 2018-10-15
- fixed issue interpreting MariaDB version
v5.38 – 2018-07-18
- bugfix in Cloud Firewall
v5.37 – 2018-07-06
- bugfix in Events Logger
v5.36 – 2018-06-17
- bugfix in Events Logger
v5.35 – 2018-06-17
- IP ban test in Cloud Firewall
- new test and fix: usernames enumeration
v5.30 – 2018-04-06
- new module – Cloud Firewall
v5.20 – 2017-12-07
- new module – Database Optimizer
v5.15 – 2017-04-09
- new module – Auto Fixer
- added new tests
- bug fixes
v5.0 – 2016-10-12
- the first release of PRO version
- all modules updated and optimised
- basic and PRO versions now have separate codebases